Microsoft SharePoint 2010 makes it easier for people to work together. Using SharePoint 2010, you and your team can set up websites to share information with others, manage documents from start to finish and publish reports to help everyone make better decisions. SharePoint 2010 is a platform for hosting shared activities over the web, manage documents from start to finish and publish reports to help everyone make better decisions.
So, what can SharePoint can do for you?
- SharePoint allows you and your team to store files in a shared team space so that everyone has access to the latest versions.
- It can store copies of earlier versions so you never have to worry about loosing earlier work
- SharePoint is a collaboration tool. By sharing documents, you can also collaborate on work.
- Depending on how your site is setup, you can check documents in and out for editing.
- SharePoint seamlessly integrates with Office applications such as Word, Excel and Access.
- SharePoint also provides a search tool for finding information on your site.
SharePoint offers your team full security over your site. Security settings are managed within your team by site owners.There’s much more you can do with SharePoint including sharing Calendars, team directories, task lists and so forth.
Cognosys Provides Hardened images of SharePoint on the cloud ( AWS marketplace, Azure and Google Cloud Platform).
Sharepoint 2010 Standard on Cloud for AWS
Major Features of Sharepoint 2010 Standard
Microsoft SharePoint Standard builds on the Microsoft SharePoint Foundation in a few key product areas.
- Sites: Audience targeting, governance tools, Secure store service, web analytics functionality.
- Communities: ‘MySites’ (personal profiles including skills management and search tools), enterprise wikis, organization hierarchy browser, tags and notes.
- Content: Improved tooling and compliance for document & record management, managed metadata, word automation services, content type management.
- Search: Better search results, search customization abilities, mobile search, ‘Did you mean?’, OS search integration, Faceted Search and metadata/relevancy/date/location-based refinement options.
- Composites: Pre-built workflow templates, BCS profile pages.
SharePoint Standard licensing includes a CAL (client access license) component and a server fee. SharePoint Standard may also be licensed through a cloud model.
Installation Instructions for Windows
Step 1) RDP Connection: To connect to the deployed instance, Please follow Instructions to Connect to Windows instance on AWS Cloud
1) Connect to virtual machine using following RDP credentials :
- Hostname: PublicDNS / IP of machine
- Port : 3389
Username: To connect to the operating system, use RDP and the username is Administrator.
Password : Please Click here to know how to get password .
Step 2) Application Access Instructions:-
Note : Users need to reach out to us for CAL license providing number of CAL required.
If you face any issue in running this image or activating license, Please reach out to email@example.com.
- Sharepoint Server has already been installed.
- Sharepoint configuration should be completed by the user.
- Please join a domain and have a SQL Server instance ready before starting the Sharepoint Configuration.
1. Default Login Credentials for SharePoint Access are same as your RDP Credentials,
- User Name: Administrator
- Password: Retrieved from Console
Step 3) Other Information:
1.Default installation path: will be in your root folder “C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\14\BIN”
- Windows Machines: RDP Port – 3389
- Http: 80
- Https: 443
Configure custom inbound and outbound rules using this link
Note: World Wide Web and IIS Admin services must be enabled (from services.msc) in order to access Sharepoint 2010 Standard
Installation Step by Step Screenshots
Step 2.Welcome Page sharepoint
Step 3.Select Create a new server farm option from the next step as shown in below screen, if you are already have installed a new farm and doing a MinRole installation then select the first option to connect to an existing server farm.
Step 4.Enter the database server details and database access account details, use a separate user for this but I am using the same SPAdmin user for the preview installation. I have assigned it below rights in DB server:
Step 5.If you are facing issues in connecting to SQL Server then make sure TCP/IP is enabled in SQL Server Configuration Manager. If you still getting the error then turn off the firewall on SQL server machine.
Step 6. After completing the database settings, press next which will take to you on Farm security settings page. Enter passphrase here which is required to secure the farm configuration data and is required for each server that joins the farm.
Step 7. Server Roles or the MinRoletopology
Here comes the MinRoles, SharePoint Server 2010 has six types of server roles:
- Distributed Cache
- Single-Server Farm
You can either select single-server farm or can do a multi-server installation using MinRolestopology. If you have selected Single-Server Farm then you cannot extend to Multi-Server environment, so if you plan to extend to multi-Server farm in future then select the Custom MinRole or Application.
I am using single-server farm installation so will go with the last option.
Step 8.On next screen, you can specify port for Central Admin or can use the default which is selected randomly. I have never used the default port, I always an easy one which I can remember like 5555. Select NTLM installation mode at this phase and press next.
Step 9. Verify the settings in configuration wizard, press next to start the wizard. Advance option is not enabled for Single-Server installation.
Step 10. Press Next button, it will start the configuration of SharePoint farm. This is similar to what we do in past with MOSS 2007, SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013 or even with SharePoint Foundation which is no more part of SharePoint 2016.
Step 12. After the installation, run the services wizard from Central Administration, setup will take you to the service configuration wizard page, you can either configure them through wizard and can also configure them manually.
Step 13.As this is test environment, so I will prefer configuring services using wizard. We can define a separate account for services but I am using the same SharePoint Admin account for all services.
Step 14.This will complete the services wizard for me and now I am ready to explore SharePoint.