Railo is open source software which implements the general-purpose CFML server-side scripting language, often used to create dynamic websites, web applications and intranet systems. CFML is a dynamic language supporting multiple programming paradigms and runs on the Java virtual machine (JVM).
Railo switched to an open source community-driven model CFML server-side scripting language, and became a JBoss project. The Railo Open Source project is led by Railo Technologies, with development work funded by consulting and support contracts, but anyone may contribute code for consideration.
Railo is owned by Railo (www.getrailo.org) and they own all related trademarks and IP rights for this software.
Cognosys provides hardened and ready to run images of Railo on all public cloud ( AWS marketplace and Azure).
Deploy your Railo securely on cloud i.e. AWS marketplace and Azure with reliable services offered by Cognosys at one-click with easy written and video tutorials.
- Supported servlet containers
- Any servlet container (e.g. Jetty, Tomcat, Glassfish, JBoss, Resin, etc)
- Supplied with Tomcat (installed version) or Jetty (express version)
- Supported web servers
- Microsoft IIS
- Apache HTTP server
- Supported Java versions
- JRE 6
- JRE 7
- Database support
- H2 Database Engine
- Microsoft SQL Server
- ODBC (Access, etc.)
- Virtual file systems supported
- Local hard disk
- Amazon AWS S3
Installation Instructions For Ubuntu
Note : How to find PublicDNS in Azure
Step 1) SSH Connection: To connect to the deployed instance, Please follow Instructions to Connect to Ubuntu instance on Azure Cloud
1) Download Putty.
2) Connect to virtual machine using following SSH credentials:
- Hostname: PublicDNS / IP of machine
- Port : 22
Username: Your chosen username when you created the machine ( For example: Azureuser)
Password : Your Chosen Password when you created the machine ( How to reset the password if you do not remember)
Step 2) Database Login Details:
Username : root || Password : Passw@rd123
Note: Please change the password immediately after the first login.
Step 3) Application URL: Access the application via a browser at http://PublicDNS:8888
- Username : azureuser (Please create new user and delete this user)
- Password : Passw@rd123
Step 4) Other Information:
1. Default installation path: will be in your web root folder “/var/www/html/Railo ” .
2. Default ports:
- Linux Machines: SSH Port – 22
- Http: 80
- Https: 443
- Mysql ports: By default these are not open on Public Endpoints. Internally Mysql server: 3306
Configure custom inbound and outbound rules using this link
3. To access Webmin interface for management please follow this link
Azure Step by Step Screenshots
Railo Developer Features