Auto SP Installer works with SharePoint 2016, SharePoint 2013 (including SP1) and SharePoint 2010 with Service Pack 1 & 2. It takes advantage of some of the cmd let updates in the newer SharePoint releases, while remaining largely backward-compatible older versions.
Newer versions often include updates to the input file XML schema, so make sure you compare any of your existing XML files to the newest Auto SP Installer Input.XML. See below for highlights of changes in v3.x.
Auto SP Installer has been used as the go-to SharePoint installation method for hundreds of SharePoint practitioners & partners worldwide! If you or your organization find Auto SP Installer useful, making a donation (any amount) is a great way to support the ongoing development & improvement of the project.
Auto SP Installer on Cloud runs on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure is built for SharePoint Deployment.
Major Features Of AutoSPInstaller
- Automatic Schema upgrade from 3.98 > 3.99
- Simply load your 3.98 XML file and it will be upgrade to 3.99.
- We decided to update the Schema in order to make it more readable and easier to do side by side comparisons.
- We plan to have this feature available for all future Schema updates.
- Alert when leaving the site.
- As the Farm Configuration is only retained in the browsers memory, it will be lost if the user accidentally navigates away from the site.
- XML Validation using XSD (XML Schema Definition)
- There are many scenarios where the XML file is invalid to the point the site will not accept it.
- One example is boolean values, in the XML world “True” is not a valid value, even though PowerShell accept it.
- The XSD will return very detailed reason on why the XML fails. For example, ERROR: Element ‘ClaimsToWindowsTokenService’, attribute ‘UpdateAccount’: ‘True’ is not a valid value of the atomic type ‘xs:boolean’.
- Server Rename:Allow a Server to be renamed and retain all configuration which was mapped to that server.
- Predefined Templates:Allow the ability to select predefined Farm Templates with recommended topologies, ie 3 Server and 4 Server Farms etc.
- More Validation:There are a lot more places where validation is required.
Installation Instructions For Windows
Note: How to find PublicDNS in AWS
Step 1) RDP Connection: To connect to the deployed instance, Please follow Instructions to Connect to Windows instance on AWS Cloud
1) Connect to the virtual machine using following RDP credentials:
- Hostname: PublicDNS / IP of machine
- Port : 3389
Username: To connect to the operating system, use RDP and the username is Administrator.
Password: Please Click here to know how to get password .
Step 2) Click the Windows “Start” button and select “All Programs” and then point to AutoSPInstaller.
Step 3) Other Information:
1.Default installation path: will be in your root folder “C:\AutoSPInstaller “
- Windows Machines: RDP Port – 3389
- Http: 80
- Https: 443
Configure custom inbound and outbound rules using this link
Installation Step by Step Screenshots