UltraDefrag is an open source disk defragmenter for Windows. It can quickly defragment everything including files which are usually locked by Windows. For instance, UltraDefrag can re-join paging and hibernation files.
It eliminates the file fragmentation problem speeding up the computers which need less mechanical work to read continuous data from disks. UltraDefrag can fix almost everything including files which are usually locked – it launches inside of the Windows boot process when most of the files are still not in use.
UltraDefrag is owned by UltraDefrag(https://ultradefrag.net/) and they own all related trademarks and IP rights for this software.
UltraDefrag can be used on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 and Windows 8. Elder versions of the program (prior to v7) can be used on Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 as well, with some limitations
UltraDefrag on Cloud for AWS
Major Features Of UltraDefrag
- simple but efficient defragmentation algorithms
- safe environment preventing files corruption
- defragmentation of locked paging and hibernation files
- defragmentation of NTFS metafiles (including MFT) and streams
- flexible filters allowing exclusion of files by various criteria
- defragmentation of disks having specified fragmentation level
- one click defragmentation via Windows Explorer context menu
- multilingual graphical interface (over 60 languages available)
- powerful command line interface
- scheduled defragmentation (using Windows Task Scheduler)
- automatic termination when specified time interval elapses
- automatic hibernation or shutdown after the job completion
- small size of installers (about 2 MB)
- availability of portable packages requiring no installation
- full support of 64-bit editions of Windows
- granted permission to freely use and redistribute the program
Installation Instructions For Windows
Note: How to find PublicDNS in AWS
Step 1) RDP Connection: To connect to the deployed instance, Please follow Instructions to Connect to Windows instance on AWS Cloud
1) Connect to the virtual machine using following RDP credentials:
- Hostname: PublicDNS / IP of machine
- Port : 3389
Username: To connect to the operating system, use RDP and the username is Administrator.
Password: Please Click here to know how to get password .
Step 2) Click the Windows “Start” button and select “All Programs” and then point to UltraDefrag.
Step 3) Other Information:
1.Default installation path: will be in your root folder “C:\Program Files\UltraDefrag“
- Windows Machines: RDP Port – 3389
- Http: 80
- Https: 443
Configure custom inbound and outbound rules using this link
Installation Step by Step Screenshots