Team Foundation Server (TFS) is a Microsoft product that provides source code management (either via Team Foundation Version Control or Git), reporting, requirements management, project management (for both agile software development and waterfall teams), automated builds, lab management, testing and release management capabilities.
It covers the entire application lifecycle. TFS can be used as a back-end to numerous integrated development environments (IDEs) but is tailored for Microsoft Visual Studio and Eclipse on all platforms.
Team Foundation Server (TFS) on Cloud runs on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure and is built to integrate with your existing IDE or editor thus enabling your cross-functional team to work effectively on software projects of all sizes.
Cognosys Provides Hardened images of TeamFoundation on the cloud ( AWS marketplace, Azure and Google Cloud Platform).
Team Foundation Server on cloud for AWS
Major Features of Team Foundation Server
- Version control, for managing source code and other deliverables that require versioning.
- Work item tracking, for keeping track of such things as defects, requirements, tasks and scenarios.
- Project management functions, which allow the shaping of a team project based on a user-specifiable software process and which enable planning and tracking using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Team build, for enabling a common process for building executable products.
- Data collection and reporting, which aid in the assessment of a team project’s state, based on information gleaned from Team Foundation Server tools.
- The Team Project Portal, which provides a central point of communication for a team project packaged as a Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services site.
- Team Foundation Shared Services, which provide a number of common infrastructure services that invisible to end users but that are important to toolsmiths and extenders.
Installation Instructions for Windows
Note: How to find PublicDNS in AWS
Step 1) RDP Connection: To connect to the deployed instance, Please follow Instructions to Connect to Windows instance on AWS Cloud
Connect to the virtual machine using following RDP credentials:
- Hostname: PublicDNS / IP of machine
- Port : 3389
Username: To connect to the operating system, use RDP and the username is Administrator.
Password: Please Click here to know how to get password
Step 2) On the Start page, type Team Foundation Server 2015 and then click on Team Foundation Server.
or Open from the Desktop Shortcut icon Team Foundation Server.
Step 3) Other Information:
1.Default installation path: will be in your root folder “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 14.0”
- Windows Machines: RDP Port – 3389
- Http: 80
- Https: 443
3. To activate Visual Studio use Product Key or Sign in from of Microsoft Account
Configure custom inbound and outbound rules using this link
AWS Step By Step Screenshots
Introducing Team Foundation Server 2010 Basic
Deep Dive into Agile Planning for Team Foundation Server 2013 and Visual Studio Online