The PAL (Performance Analysis of Logs) tool is a powerful tool that reads in a performance monitor counter log and analyzes it using known thresholds.
The PAL tool is primarily a PowerShell script that requires arguments/parameters passed to it in order to properly analyze performance monitor logs.
If you’ve ever has a performance problem but had no idea what metrices to collect or even how to analyse the compiled data, PAL is your friend. This open source tool helps read performance monitor counter logs and analysis them for you, using built-in thresholds that relate to the majority of your Windows products, including Exchange , Sharepoint, Active Directory, and more.
Performance Analysis of Logs (PAL) Tool on Cloud for AWS
Major Features Of PAL
- Thresholds files for most of the major Microsoft products such as IIS, MOSS, SQL Server, BizTalk, Exchange, and Active Directory.
- An easy to use GUI interface which makes creating batch files for the PAL.ps1 script.
- A GUI editor for creating or editing your own threshold files.
- Creates an HTML based report for ease of copy/pasting into other applications.
- Analyzes performance counter logs for thresholds using thresholds that change their criteria based on the computer’s role or hardware specs.
Installation Instructions For Windows
Note: How to find PublicDNS in AWS
Step 1) RDP Connection: To connect to the deployed instance, Please follow Instructions to Connect to Windows instance on AWS Cloud
1) Connect to the virtual machine using following RDP credentials:
- Hostname: PublicDNS / IP of machine
- Port : 3389
Username: To connect to the operating system, use RDP and the username is Administrator.
Password: Please Click here to know how to get password .
Step 2) Click the Windows “Start” button and select “All Programs” and then point to Performance Analysis of Logs(PAL).
Step 3) Other Information:
1.Default installation path: will be in your root folder “C:\PAL_Flatfiles_v2.7.6_x64“
- Windows Machines: RDP Port – 3389
- Http: 80
- Https: 443
Configure custom inbound and outbound rules using this link
Installation Step by Step Screenshots