Freeplane is a free and open source software application that supports thinking, sharing information and getting things done at work, in school and at home. The software can be used for mind mapping and analyzing the information contained in mind maps. Freeplane runs on any operating system that has a current version of Java installed. It can be run locally or portably from removable storage like a USB drive.
Freeplane is owned by Freeplane(www.freeplane.org) and they own all related trademarks and IP rights for this software.
Freeplane on cloud for AWS
Major Features of Freeplane
- Note taking with freely positionable, unconnected nodes (post-it’s);
- Ordering ideas (nodes) into a hierarchy connected by lines (edges);
- Classifying nodes with metadata (attributes) and style types (system styles, user defined styles, level styles);
- Grouping nodes with visual containers (clouds) and accolade (summary node);
- Connecting nodes with dynamic links, free lines (connectors) and labels;
- Automatically styling nodes (with a bubble, color, edge type, etc.) according to hierarchical level and content (conditional styles, automatic edge color, level styles);
- Structuring nodes in terms of content (text, scientific formula, calculation, icon, image and hyperlink) and presentation area (core, details, notes, attributes, images and tooltip);
- Changing views by hiding content (folding branches, filtering, roll-up of details and hiding extensions in tooltip), finding, scrolling and navigating;
- Tasking with calendar and reminders;
- Password protecting of whole map and of individual nodes with DES encryption;
Installation Instructions For Windows
Note: How to find PublicDNS in AWS
Step 1) RDP Connection: To connect to the deployed instance, Please follow Instructions to Connect to Windows instance on AWS Cloud
1) Connect to the virtual machine using following RDP credentials:
- Hostname: PublicDNS / IP of machine
- Port : 3389
Username: To connect to the operating system, use RDP and the username is Administrator.
Password: Please Click here to know how to get password .
Step 2) Click the Windows “Start” button and select “All Programs” and then point to Freeplane .
Step 3) Other Information:
1.Default installation path: will be in your root folder “C:\Program Files\Freeplane”
- Windows Machines: RDP Port – 3389
- Http: 80
- Https: 443
Note: Click on Desktop icon – Press start then App will open in browser.
Configure custom inbound and outbound rules using this link
Installation Step by Step Screenshots