Avogadro is an advanced molecule editor and visualizer designed for cross-platform use in computational chemistry, molecular modeling, bioinformatics, materials science, and related areas. It offers flexible high quality rendering and a powerful plugin architecture.
Avogadro on cloud for AWS
Major Features of Avogadro
- Cross-Platform: Molecular builder/editor for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
- Free, Open Source: Easy to install and all source code is available under the GNU GPL.
- International: Translations into Chinese, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, and others, with more languages to come.
- Intuitive: Built to work easily for students and advanced researchers both.
- Fast: Supports multi-threaded rendering and computation.
- Extensible: Plugin architecture for developers, including rendering, interactive tools, commands, and Python scripts.
- Flexible: Features include Open Babel import of chemical files, input generation for multiple computational chemistry packages, crystallography, and biomolecules.
Installation Instructions For Windows
Note: How to find PublicDNS in AWS
Step 1) RDP Connection: To connect to the deployed instance, Please follow Instructions to Connect to Windows instance on AWS Cloud
1) Connect to the virtual machine using following RDP credentials:
- Hostname: PublicDNS / IP of machine
- Port : 3389
Username: To connect to the operating system, use RDP and the username is Administrator.
Password: Please Click here to know how to get password .
Step 2) Click the Windows “Start” button and select “All Programs” and then point to Avogadro .
Step 3) Other Information:
1.Default installation path: will be in your root folder “C:\Program Files (x86)\Avogadro”
- Windows Machines: RDP Port – 3389
- Http: 80
- Https: 443
Note: Click on Desktop icon – Press start then App will open in browser.
Configure custom inbound and outbound rules using this link
Installation Ste p by Step Screenshots