Bluefish is a powerful editor targeted towards programmers and web developers, with many options to write websites, scripts and programming code. Bluefish supports many programming and markup languages.
Bluefish on cloud for AWS
Major Features of Bluefish
- Lightweight – Bluefish tries to be lean and clean, as far as possible given it is a GUI editor.
- Fast – Bluefish starts really quick (even on a netbook) and loads hundreds of files within seconds.
- A What You See Is What You Need interface
- Multiple document interface, easily opens 500+ documents (tested >10000 documents simultaneously)
- Project support, enables you to work efficiently on multiple projects, and automatically restores settings for each project.
- Multi-threaded support for remote files using gvfs (depending on your gvfs setup, you’ll have FTP, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, WebDAV, CIFS and more). 1
- Very powerful search and replace, with support for Perl Compatible regular expressions, sub-pattern replacing, and search and replace in files on disk.
- Open files recursively based on filename patterns and/or content patterns
- Snippets sidebar – specify custom dialogs, search and replace patterns or insert patterns and bind them to a shortkut key combination of your liking to speed up your development process
- Integrate external programs such as make, lint, weblint, xmllint, tidy, javac, or your own program or script to handle advanced text processing or error detection.1
- Integrate external filters of your liking, pipe your document (or just the current selected text) through sort, sed, awk or any custom script.1
- Unlimited undo/redo functionality
- In-line spell checker which is programing language aware (spell check comments and strings, but not code), requires libenchant during compilation.
- Auto-recovery of changes in modified documents after a crash, kill or shutdown
- Character map of all unicode characters (requires libgucharmap during compilation)
- Upload / download synchronisation
- Full screen editing
- Many tools such as tabs to spaces, join lines, lines to columns, strip whitespace, etc. etc.
- Customizable programming language support
Installation Instructions For Windows
Note: How to find PublicDNS in AWS
Step 1) RDP Connection: To connect to the deployed instance, Please follow Instructions to Connect to Windows instance on AWS Cloud
1) Connect to the virtual machine using following RDP credentials:
- Hostname: PublicDNS / IP of machine
- Port : 3389
Username: To connect to the operating system, use RDP and the username is Administrator.
Password: Please Click here to know how to get password .
Step 2) Click the Windows “Start” button and select “All Programs” and then point to Bluefish
Step 3) Other Information:
1.Default installation path: will be in your root folder “C:\Program Files (x86)\Bluefish”
- Windows Machines: RDP Port – 3389
- Http: 80
- Https: 443
Configure custom inbound and outbound rules using this link
Users Instructions Screenshots