XAML Spy is the visual runtime inspector for Android, iOS and Windows. It provides unprecedented access to all aspects of any running app. Interact with the UI visual tree, extract data, explore the filesystem, create stunning artwork, and more, much more. With XAML Spy you will learn about the visual and non-visual behavior of your app at runtime.
An important element of XAML Spy is the explorer, delivering a hierarchical realtime view of the various aspects of your connected app. Object details can be explored in the properties window. Other parts of XAML Spy include a visualizer for rendering snapshots of the selected visual content.
XAML Spy is available as Windows desktop app and as Visual Studio extension. XAML Spy in Visual Studio enables runtime inspection without having to leave Visual Studio. The desktop app is useful when Visual Studio is not an option, or when you want to use the free XAML Spy Express edition.
Major Features of Xaml spy
Among others, XAML Spy offers the following exciting new features compared to Silverlight Spy;
- WinRT and WPF support. Both WinRT and WPF are first class citizens in XAML Spy.
- The ability to spy on XAML applications running on remote devices.
- View model inspection, the property grid is no longer limited to viewing and editing DependencyObjects. XAML Spy supports any object, including a full drill down of DataContext objects.
- Vastly improved property editing, including support for editing collections and dependency objects.
- User interface explorer enhancements with data context scope visualizers, and commands for exploring parts of the visual tree.
- Property source indicators help identifying the source of a property value.
- Zoom & pan the UI of a running XAML application
- Silverlight inbrowser applications are no longer required to run in the built-in browser. Silverlight application may be hosted in any browser, or custom host.
- Full read-write access to isolated storage folders and files. Multi-file selection and save to zip are included.
- Decompilation includes support for not just .NET Reflector, but also ILSpy and Telerik’s JustDecompile
- ZIP and SQL Server compact database files are automatically expanded in the Package and Storage views
- Improved application management with access to recent and favorite applications
- Significant performance enhancements. Launching XAML Spy is instant.
Analyzing XAML With XAML Spy Demo