Oracle DB is a freely distributed operating system based and compatible with the Red Hat Enterprise Linux distribution. It is an enterprise-ready server Linux OS designed to be used on small and medium-sized businesses.
Oracle Database (commonly referred to as Oracle RDBMS or simply as Oracle) is a multi-model database management system produced and marketed by Oracle Corporation.
Oracle Corporation provides a range of database cloud services on its Oracle Cloud platform that are designed for different database use cases; from test/dev deployments to small and medium sized workloads to large mission-critical workloads. Oracle Database Cloud Services are available on a choice of general purpose hardware and Exadata engineered systems, in either virtual machines environments or ‘bare metal’ infrastructure
Cognosys provides hardened images of Oracle DB on all public cloud AWS , Azure and Google Marketplace.
Major Features of Oracle DB
- Oracle Move is cost effective. The same flexibility that lets you directly migrate your Oracle Database to the Oracle Cloud is applied to finding the most cost effective solution for the purpose and duration of the migration.
- Oracle Move is highly available and scalable. The tight integration of all migration tools with the Oracle Database lets you maintain control and gain better efficiency when moving your databases into the Oracle Cloud.
- Oracle Move offers simplicity and efficiency. Oracle automated tools make it seamless to move your database to the Oracle Cloud with virtually no downtime. Using the same technology and standards on-premises and in the Oracle Cloud, you can facilitate the same products and skills to manage your cloud-based Oracle Databases as you would on any other platform.
- Oracle Move is flexible. You can directly migrate your Oracle Database to the Oracle Cloud from various source databases into different target cloud deployments depending on your requirements and business needs. Oracle Move provides a well-defined set of tools, giving you the flexibility to choose the method that best applies to your needs
Note: How to find PublicDNS in AWS
Step 1) SSH Connection: To connect to the deployed instance, Please follow Instructions to Connect to Linux instance on AWS Cloud
1) Download Putty.
2) Connect to the virtual machine using SSH key Refer this link:
- Hostname: PublicDNS / IP of machine
- Port : 22
Step 2) Database Details: Oracle sample DB cdb1 and pdb pdb1 has been created.
sysPassword systemPassword and pdbAdminPassword is Passw@rd123
Note : Please change the password after first login.
Please login with sqlplus / as sysdba as oracle user and startup the sample db configured in /etc/oratab.
Step 3) Other Information:
- Linux Machines: SSH Port – 22
2. To access Webmin interface for management please follow this link
Configure custom inbound and outbound rules using this link