MySQL is the most popular Open Source Relational SQL database management system. MySQL is one of the best RDBMS being used for developing web-based software applications.MySQL is a fast, easy-to-use RDBMS being used for many small and big businesses.
MySQL is the most trusted and widely used open source database platform in use today. 10 out of the top 10 most popular and highly-trafficked websites in the world rely on MySQL. MySQL 8.0 builds on this momentum by delivering across the board improvements designed to enable innovative DBAs and developers to create and deploy the next generation of web, embedded, mobile and Cloud/SaaS/PaaS/DBaaS applications on the latest generation of development frameworks and hardware platforms. MySQL 8.0 highlights include:
- MySQL Document Store
- Transactional Data Dictionary
- SQL Roles
- Default to utf8mb4
- Common Table Expressions
- Window Functions
Major Features of MYSQL 8.0
- Data dictionary : MySQL now incorporates a transactional data dictionary that stores information about database objects. In previous MySQL releases, dictionary data was stored in metadata files and nontransactional tables.
- Atomic Data Definition Statements (Atomic DDL) : An atomic DDL statement combines the data dictionary updates, storage engine operations, and binary log writes associated with a DDL operation into a single, atomic transaction.
- Security and account management : It added to improve security and enable greater DBA flexibility in account management.
- Resource management : MySQL now supports creation and management of resource groups, and permits assigning threads running within the server to particular groups so that threads execute according to the resources available to the group. Group attributes enable control over its resources, to enable or restrict resource consumption by threads in the group. DBAs can modify these attributes as appropriate for different workloads.
- Data type support : MySQL now supports use of expressions as default values in data type specifications. This includes the use of expressions as default values for the BLOB,TEXT,GEOMETRY and JSON data types, which previously could not be assigned default values at all.
- Common table expressions : MySQL now supports common table expressions, both nonrecursive and recursive. Common table expressions enable use of named temporary result sets, implemented by permitting a WITH clause preceding SELECT statements and certain other statements.
- Replication : MySQL Replication now supports binary logging of partial updates to JSON documents using a compact binary format, saving space in the log over logging complete JSON documents. Such compact logging is done automatically when statement-based logging is in use, and can be enabled by setting the new binlog_row_value_options system variable to PARTIAL_JSON.
- Logging : Error logging was rewritten to use the MySQL component architecture. Traditional error logging is implemented using built-in components, and logging using the system log is implemented as a loadable component. In addition, a loadable JSON log writer is available. To control which log components to enable, use the log_error_services system variable.
Note: How to find PublicDNS in Azure
Step1 ) RDP Connection: To connect to the deployed instance, Please follow Instructions to Connect to Windows instance on Azure Cloud
Connect to virtual machine using following RDP credentials:
- Hostname: PublicDNS / IP of machine
- Port : 3389
Username: Your chosen username when you created the machine ( For example: Azureuser)
Password : Your Chosen Password when you created the machine ( How to reset the password if you do not remember)
Step 2) Database Login Details:
Please use MySQL root password Passw@rd123 for the MySQL configuration.
Step 3) Choose Start, expand All Programs, and then select PHP
Step 4) Other Information:
1.Default installation path: will be in your root folder “C:inetpubwwwroot”
- Windows Machines: RDP Port – 3389
- Http: 80
- Https: 443
Configure custom inbound and outbound rules using this link