Secured WAMP with Aurora on Windows Server Zero MySQL Overhead
WAMP is a Web development platform on Windows that allows you to create dynamic Web applications with Apache2, PHP, and MySQL. This Stack Replaces MySQL with highly available Mysql Compliant Cluster -Aurora.
Enterprises are plagued with problem of maintaining a Mysql Cluster including backup, Security and overhead for administration. Amazon offers Highly scalable, Multiple AZ Mysql Cluster -Aurora. You can just replace Aurora Connection String inplace of Mysql and use. The respective trademarks mentioned in the offering are owned by the respective companies.
Due to the SysPrep of this image, it may take up to 20 minutes to launch.
For detailed information please refer this link
Let’s quickly go over what each letter represents:
- “W” stands for Windows, there’s also LAMP (for Linux) and MAMP (for Mac).
- “A” stands for Apache. Apache is the server software that is responsible for serving web pages. When you request a page to be seen by you, Apache grants your request over HTTP and shows you the site.
- “M” stands for MySQL. MySQL’s job is to be the database management system for your server. It stores all of the relevant information like your site’s content, user profiles, etc. This is replaces with Aurora
- “P” stands for PHP. It’s the programming language that was used to write WordPress. It acts like glue for this whole software stack. PHP is running in conjunction with Apache and communicating with MySQL.
Instead of installing and testing WordPress on your hosting account, you can do it on your personal computer (localhost).WAMP speeds up the work process for both developers and theme designers alike. What is more, you also get the benefit of playing around with your site to your heart’s content.
Whether you use WAMP or software packages for the other operating systems, it’s a great way to save time. You won’t have to upload files to a site and will be able to learn how to develop in a safe and care-free environment.
WAMP Server is a Web development platform on Windows that allows you to create dynamic Web applications with Apache2, PHP, and MySQL.
WAMP is an acronym formed from the initials of the operating system Microsoft Windows and the main components of the package: Apache, MySQL & PHP.
As a reminder, Apache is the most popular open source web server, MySQL is the most popular open-source database, used by huge number of websites around the world (among them, you will find Google, YouTube, Wikipedia, Facebook, Flickr, etc) and PHP is a widely used general-purpose server-side scripting language designed to produce dynamic web pages.
libMySQL.dllwill not be found during Apache startup when Apache is trying to load Apache’s PHP module and Apache will, perhaps a bit confusingly, complain that it is unable to load the PHP‘s MySQL library,
php_mysql.dll. Therefore, it is necessary to reboot the system at this stage and then continue to PHP configuration.
PHPIniDir, is crucial, without it Apache will fail to read the PHP configuration file.
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\test.phpthat contains only the following line:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
C:\Program Files\PHP5\php.iniand that MySQL has its own section in the configuration details noting that MySQL support is enabled. As could be noticed, the default content location,
DocumentRoot, for Apache to serve content is
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs.
Major Features Of WAMP with Aurora
- Manage your Apache and MySQL services
- Switch online/offline (give access to everyone or only localhost)
- Install and switch Apache, MySQL and PHP releases
- Manage your servers settings
- Access your logs
- Access your settings files
- Create alias
- Reconfigured WAMP-System with Apache, PHP, MySQL, phpMyAdmin, Mercury/32 Mail-Server and SQLite
- Equally useful for developers as for productive usagee thanks to switchable settings between security- and developer-functionality
- Centralized GUI for all important features of the above applications
- Assistant to operate the applications as a restricted user
- Add-on system for reloading and integration of other applications (such as Tomcat, Python, SVN, etc.) from the network
- 1-Click Installer for popular web applications such as phpBB, WordPress u.v.a.
- Assistant for performance tuning with automatic Evaluation of the System configuraton (number of CPUs, RAM, etc.)
- Editor for the Windows HOSTS file to create “virtual domains”
- dynamic and automatic updates of individual components (Apache, MySQL, etc.) directly from the software
- Focus on a lightweight and fast system – the complete setup consists of only a 33MB file
- Intuitive web interface
- Support for most MySQL features:
- browse and drop databases, tables, views, fields and indexes
- create, copy, drop, rename and alter databases, tables, fields and indexes
- maintenance server, databases and tables, with proposals on server configuration
- execute, edit and bookmark any SQL-statement, even batch-queries
- manage MySQL users and privileges
- manage stored procedures and triggers
- Import data from CSV and SQL
- Export data to various formats: CSV, SQL, XML, PDF, ISO/IEC 26300 – OpenDocument Text and Spreadsheet, Word, LATEX and others
- Administering multiple servers
- Creating PDF graphics of your database layout
- Creating complex queries using Query-by-example (QBE)
- Searching globally in a database or a subset of it
- Transforming stored data into any format using a set of predefined functions, like displaying BLOB-data as image or download-link
AWS Template WAMP on Aurora - WAAP
Secured WAMP with Aurora on Windows Server – Zero Mysql Overhead
Note: Please do not choose Single Ami option for First time deployment
A) Application URL: Template Output provides the Application URL as well as Database details.
Access the application via a browser at the load balancer URL which is the WebSiteURL from the template output.
B) RDS Cluster / Aurora Details:
RDS Cluster / Aurora Details can be obtained from the Output of the template.
Please enter the RDS Cluster / Aurora details in the configuration of Database stage.
Details are also available in
C:\Install\Aurora_credentials.txt in the ec2 Instance.
Readme file is present on the Administrator desktop.
C) RDP Connection: To connect to the operating system,
1) Connect to virtual machine using following RDP credentials :
- Hostname: PublicDNS / IP of machine
- Port : 3389
Username: To connect to the operating system, use RDP and the username is Administrator.
Password : Please Click here to know how to get password .
D) Other Information:
1.Default installation path:
Location of Apache Bin : C:\Apache24\bin
Location of PHP: C:\PHP
Location of htdocs: C:\Apache24\htdocs
Location of Aurora Conn Strings: C:\install\Aurora_credentials.txt
- Windows Machines: RDP Port – 3389
- Http: 80
- Https: 443
To begin configuration of WAMP please refer above.
When you open the WebSiteURL you shall see the below screen