Oracle Linux is an enterprise-class Linux distribution supported by Oracle and built from source packages for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). Some of the special features of Oracle Linux include a custom-build and rigorously-tested Linux kernel called “Oracle Unbreakable Kernel”, tight integration with Oracle’s hardware and software products including most database applications, and “zero downtime patching” – a feature that enables administrators to update the kernel without a reboot.
Oracle Enterprise Linux is a freely distributed operating system based and compatible with the Red Hat Enterprise Linux distribution. It is an enterprise-ready server Linux OS designed to be used on small and medium-sized businesses. Oracle Linux is free to download, use and distribute and is provided in a variety of installation and deployment methods.
Oracle Linux 7.6 delivers extreme performance, advanced scalability, and reliability for enterprise applications and systems. Optimized for enterprise workloads, Oracle Linux is the only operating system to offer zero-downtime updates.
Cognosys provides hardened images of Oracle Linux 7.6 on all public cloud i.e. AWS.
Oracle Linux 7.6 Installation
Major Features of Oracle linux 7.6
- Tried, tested, and tuned for enterprise workloads, Oracle Linux is used by Oracle developers worldwide and is backed by support services from experts who understand the entire Oracle technology stack. Take advantage of Oracle Linux templates to deploy enterprise applications faster. Utilize preconfigured and validated configurations to shorten the time to deployment for critical workloads.
- Optimized for hybrid cloud environments, Oracle Linux is used in both enterprise installations and cloud workloads running billions of transactions per day
Installation Instructions For Linux
Note: How to find PublicDNS in AWS
Step 1) SSH Connection: To connect to the deployed instance, Please follow Instructions to Connect to Linux instance on AWS Cloud
1) Download Putty.
2) Connect to the virtual machine using SSH key Refer this link:
- Hostname: PublicDNS / IP of machine
- Port : 22
Step 2) Other Information:
- Linux Machines: SSH Port – 22
2. To access Webmin interface for management please follow this link
Configure custom inbound and outbound rules using this link
Oracle linux 7.6 installation