LEMP is a variation of the ubiquitous LAMP stack used for developing and deploying web applications. Traditionally, LAMP consists of Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP. Due to its modular nature, the components can easily be swapped out. With LEMP, Apache is replaced with the lightweight yet powerful Nginx
Cognosys provides hardened images of LEMP server on all public cloud ( AWS marketplace, Azure and Google Cloud Platform).
Major Features of LEMP Stack
- SSL support out of the box.
- PHP, Python and Perl support for Ngnix and MySQL.
- XCache – PHP opcode caching acceleration.
- Adminer administration frontend for MySQL (listening on port 12322 – uses SSL).
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email from web applications (e.g., password recovery).
Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PHP, MySQL and Postfix.
Installation Instructions For Ubuntu
Note : How to find PublicDNS in Azure
Step 1) SSH Connection: To connect to the deployed instance, Please follow Instructions to Connect to Ubuntu instance on Azure Cloud
1) Download Putty.
2) Connect to virtual machine using following SSH credentials :
- Hostname: PublicDNS / IP of machine
- Port : 22
Username: Your chosen username when you created the machine ( For example: Azureuser)
Password : Your Chosen Password when you created the machine ( How to reset the password if you do not remember)
Step 2) Database Login Details :
- MYSQL Username : root
- MYSQL Password : Passw@rd123
Note: Please change password immediately after first login.
Step 3) Application URL: Access the application via a browser at “http://PublicDNS”
Step 4) Other Information:
1) Default installation path: will be in your web root folder “/var/www/html/”.
2) Nginx root path : will be “/usr/share/nginx/html/”
3) Default ports:
- Linux Machines: SSH Port – 22
- Http: 80
- Https: 443
- MySQL ports: By default these are not open on Public Endpoints. MySQL :3306
Configure custom inbound and outbound rules using this link
3. To access Webmin interface for management please follow this link
Azure Screenshots for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
How to Install LEMP in Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS